Make a Difference Today
Make a Difference Today
THE GTRCC FOUNDATION AT A GLANCE
The Greater Toms River Chamber of Commerce Foundation, a 501(c)(3), is driven by a single goal – to do our part in providing educational scholarships for students in our community.
Apply for a Scholarship
We support the education of our local students.
2023 Scholarship Applications will open October 1, 2022 and run through March 30, 2023 by 5:00 pm
Completed applications and additional requirements need to be received by midnight March 30, 2023 – 5:00 pm in order for applicants to be considered. No late submissions will be accepted.
2023 Scholarships Offerings :
- GTRCC Foundation Scholarship – $1,000 (General Scholarship)
- GTRCC Foundation Lucy Greene Scholarship – $1,000 (General Scholarship)
- John F. Peto Studio Museum Fine Arts Scholarship – $500 (Fine Arts or Museum Studies)
- Marilyn D. Brilliant Memorial Scholarship – $1000 (STEM)
- Community Medical Center Scholarship – $1000 (Health Related)
- Frost Science Scholarship – $200 (Science)
- Marie Wolff Memorial Scholarship – $2000 (STEM)
- Narcissus Florals Scholarship Award – $500 (Creative Arts / Design)
- NextHome Nexus Realty Group – $1000 (Business)
- McGeehan Realty Group Scholarship – $500 (Business)
- Denise Hughes Scholarship for the Arts & Science – $1000 (Science & Arts)
- Farro’s Tees Scholarship – $1000 (Business)
- George P. Vanderveer American Legion Post 129 Scholarship – $500 (History, Oratorical, ROTC)
Students/Residents of the defined geographical location of the Greater Toms River Area. Ex: Toms River, Manchester, Beachwood, Pine Beach, etc. Sending school & home sending district need to be within the Greater Toms River Area. Please note: Preference will be given to Members of Greater Toms River Chamber of Commerce, their employees and the children of either.
All scholarships are open to adults as well as graduating high school seniors.
Applicant must have a 3.0 weighted GPA at the time of application.
Applicant must rank in the top 50% in high school class ranking. (if currently attending high school).
High school/college transcript – required for eligibility – (unofficial transcript accepted).
Applicant must have been involved in their community in some manner.
Applicant must have either work experience or school activities.
At least (1) teacher/coach recommendation. Continuing Education Applicants may use a professional reference
An essay (250 word minimum) How do you believe the GTRCC Foundation Scholarship will help you achieve your career goals?
If selected, you will be invited to join us the evening of Monday, June 5, 2023 for our Annual Scholarship Cocktail Reception (Details to follow).
2023 The Andrew Borden Scholarship Fund
This scholarship is only available to High School Seniors at Toms River High School South
2021 Scholarship Recipients
Provide a Scholarship
Through the GTRCC Foundation, your company can provide an education opportunity to a deserving student.
The 2023 school year marks this program’s sixth year. In the last six years, GTRCC members provided over $26,650 (+ a Full Tuition Scholarship to American Institute) in scholarships to deserving, local students.
The Chamber Member Scholarship Opportunity for the 2023 school year is now open!
If you are interested in providing a scholarship in your business name for the next school year, please contact Marina@tomsriverchamber.com. Deadline to participate is September 23, 2022.
GTRCC Foundation Member
Scholarship Donors 2022
Scholarship Cocktail Reception Photography Credits: Marconi Photography